The Pagoda at Road America
The Pagoda in 1975. The Pagoda was originally built in 1955 and was used for Race Control, Media operations, as well as Timing and Scoring. The Pagoda received many improvements over its 35 year life span including a 3rd floor in 1963 dubbed the "Eagles nest". The building was given a going away party in 1989 where a portion of the floor had given way from the number of guests attending. The Pagoda was used as training exercise for volunteer firefighters on March 1, 1990. The current control building pays homage to the Pagoda with its similarly themed peaks.
The Pagoda, 1956, Ferrari 121 LM wins the SCCA National race for modified C-class and overall.
The two large timing clocks that were mounted between 1957-1958.
The CASC North America Formula Atlantic Series Race July 1979. The Pagoda has undergone multiple renovations at this point since first being built. Added were fully enclosed booths and more modern radio equipment.